By Marc Inocencio
During ABC’s televised special of The Story of Frozen: Making an Animated Classic on Tuesday, the network announced that the Kingdom of Isolation will be extending its frozen grip with a brand-new spinoff, Frozen Fever.
The animated short inspired by the blockbuster film Frozen, will be helmed by the same directors (Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck) and producer (Peter Del Vecho) and is slated to debut in Spring 2015.
Frozen has grossed over $1.274 billion worldwide since its November 22 release last year. The movie received the Oscar win for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song for “Let It Go.”
Here are five things we know about the forthcoming Frozen Fever:
1. The same characters from Frozen will return for the animated short
2. The plot of the spin-off will center around Anna’s birthday
3. Elsa and Kristoff are determined to give Anna the best birthday celebration in all the land
4. Elsa’s icy powers may cause some major problems … once again
5. The Oscar-winning hitmakers of “Let It Go,” Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, will pen a new song for the short